I'm thinking of creating a QA Community blog in my current workspace, you may ask why? What would be the benefits of this?
I can think of a number of immediate benefits:
- People within the Community will be more aware of what others are doing by their posts on there
- People can more easily learn from one another, I feel that by writing up about something, even in a blog post you learn more about it yourself, and the people reading the blog post will also learn from it
- It will encourage people who possibly hadn't thought about having their own blog to get involved and contribute
There are also benefits for the wider community in that:
- People will read it, and hopefully contribute to it outside of asos and offer insights into what might work better etc.
- People will read it and want to be a part of it, and thus make the company a more attractive place to work
The biggest hurdle I think will be actually getting people to contribute to it, once it is up and running however I will be sure to share it on here, so everyone can look at it! There's also the problem with the content being the view of the QA member who is posting it and not of the bigger company, but that can easily be avoided.
Does anyone else have a company QA Blog? Any advice on getting it to work and be adopted?